Amanda-Users

Re: bsd works but not bsdtcp

2009-07-23 23:59:53
Subject: Re: bsd works but not bsdtcp
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Brandon Metcalf <brandon AT geronimoalloys DOT com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 15:51:55 -0400
Do the clients are set for the bsdtcp auth?

Jean-Louis

Brandon Metcalf wrote:
m == martineau AT zmanda DOT com writes:

 m> Brandon Metcalf wrote:
 m> > I've changed all of my Amanda hosts to use bsdtcp instead of bsd
 m> > authentication, but one isn't cooperating.  The client works using
 m> >
 m> >   service amanda
 m> >   {
 m> >       socket_type = dgram
 m> >       protocol    = udp
 m> >       wait        = yes
 m> >       user        = backup
 m> >       group       = backup
 m> >       groups      = yes
 m> >       server      = /usr/lib/amanda/amandad
 m> >       server_args = -auth=bsd amdump amindexd amidxtaped
 m> >       disable     = no
 m> >   }
 m> >
 m> > but times out under amcheck when using
 m> >
 m> >   service amanda
 m> >   {
 m> >       socket_type = stream
 m> >       protocol    = tcp
 m> >       wait        = yes
 m> >       user        = backup
 m> >       group       = backup
 m> >       groups      = yes
 m> >       server      = /usr/lib/amanda/amandad
 m> >       server_args = -auth=bsdtcp amdump amindexd amidxtaped
 m> >       disable     = no
 m> >   }
 m> >
 m> wait = no
 m> > The only thing interesting in the amcheck debug log is
 m> >
 m> >   amcheck-clients: time 30.234: security_seterror(handle=0x805ecf0,
driver=0xb7eae2e0 (BSD) error=timeout waiting for ACK)
 m> >

 m> Change your dumptype to use bsdtcp:
 m>  auth "bsdtcp"

I added this to the global dumptype which all of the types I'm using
refer to and this resulted in all of my clients failing when running
amcheck:

  WARNING: cedar: selfcheck request failed: recv error: Connection reset by peer
  WARNING: maisrv02: selfcheck request failed: Connection refused
  WARNING: quercus: selfcheck request failed: Connection refused

cedar is the host that I was originally having trouble with.