Amanda-Users

bsd works but not bsdtcp

2009-07-23 12:18:05
Subject: bsd works but not bsdtcp
From: Brandon Metcalf <brandon AT geronimoalloys DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 11:05:23 -0500 (CDT)
I've changed all of my Amanda hosts to use bsdtcp instead of bsd
authentication, but one isn't cooperating.  The client works using

  service amanda
  {
      socket_type = dgram
      protocol    = udp
      wait        = yes
      user        = backup
      group       = backup
      groups      = yes
      server      = /usr/lib/amanda/amandad
      server_args = -auth=bsd amdump amindexd amidxtaped
      disable     = no
  }

but times out under amcheck when using

  service amanda
  {
      socket_type = stream
      protocol    = tcp
      wait        = yes
      user        = backup
      group       = backup
      groups      = yes
      server      = /usr/lib/amanda/amandad
      server_args = -auth=bsdtcp amdump amindexd amidxtaped
      disable     = no
  }

The only thing interesting in the amcheck debug log is

  amcheck-clients: time 30.234: security_seterror(handle=0x805ecf0,
driver=0xb7eae2e0 (BSD) error=timeout waiting for ACK)

Not sure where to look next.

--
Brandon