Amanda-Users

Re: [Amanda-users] Baremetal restore using Amanda

2009-07-23 11:23:43
Subject: Re: [Amanda-users] Baremetal restore using Amanda
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 11:04:59 -0400
On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 9:55 AM,
khalil_noura<amanda-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:
> I have an LDAP server that I need to duplicate. Can Amanda be used to do a
> baremetal restore?

Amanda is, at its core, just a wrapper around GNU Tar (or dump, or any
number of other data-handling programs).  If you're doing a one-shot
project like this, then Amanda will just be in your way.  Instead,
quiesce the server, tar it up to tape or a NAS or what have you, and
then untar it on the new hardware.

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer