Amanda-Users

Re: Current state of backing up AFS volumes?

2009-07-20 10:26:22
Subject: Re: Current state of backing up AFS volumes?
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Benjeman Meekhof <bmeekhof AT umich DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 10:06:49 -0400
On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Benjeman Meekhof<bmeekhof AT umich DOT edu>
wrote:
> However I've decided to take the advice from the howto link and ask on this
> list:  Is anyone else doing this?  Is there an Application API application
> now available to do this instead?  I'd probably be willing to put some
> effort into helping out with any such project.

To my knowledge, there is not at the moment an AFS application, but I
imagine that one would be relatively straightforward.

Jean-Louis can help you out with that.

We don't have an AFS system available to test against, so you might
need to be a bit creative in designing unit tests for the application.

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com