Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda on AIX

2009-07-17 12:14:54
Subject: Re: Amanda on AIX
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Abilio Carvalho <abilio.carvalho AT bbp DOT ch>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 12:02:57 -0400
On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Abilio Carvalho<abilio.carvalho AT bbp DOT
ch> wrote:
> Hi. How current is the info on the wiki about compiling Amanda for
> AIX? It mentions that amanda-2.5.0p2 is the latest compilable version,
> as opposed to 2.5.1 and 2.5.2 which don't work, but has there been any
> progress on that since 2.6.x came out?

We don't have an active community of AIX users, so this basically gets
updated when someone tries to compile on that system.

If you do manage to compile it, please consider adding your name to
  http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Platform_Experts#AIX
which is currently empty!

I don't know from AIX, but I'll be happy to answer any code-related
questions that might come up while you're working on this.

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com