Amanda-Users

amgtar + acls?

2009-07-03 12:17:21
Subject: amgtar + acls?
From: Alan Hodgson <ahodgson AT simkin DOT ca>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 08:58:14 -0700
Does anyone have a working example of using amgtar to backup ACLs and/or
selinux attributes?

It seems that any of the --acls, --selinux or --xattrs flags are actually
incompatible with the --listed-incremental flag to GNU tar? I hacked
the --xattrs option into amgtar but I can't seem to get it to work
with --listed-incremental, which it seems is necessary for incremental
backups.

I can get star to work, but restores seem much less reliable than gtar, and
that makes me really nervous.

Thanks for any assistance.

Using Amanda 2.6.1p1 on CentOS 5.3 x86_64.

--
Anyone who believes exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world,
is either a madman or an economist.