Amanda-Users

Re: Problems with chg-manual changer script - Amanda 2.6.0p2

2008-10-25 15:31:26
Subject: Re: Problems with chg-manual changer script - Amanda 2.6.0p2
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 15:18:17 -0400
On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 11:01 AM, Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com> wrote:
> My mt command often would return while the tape
> was still rewinding.  If run from the command
> line, I would get the next shell prompt and yet
> could still hear the tape drive and see the
> tape's activity lights.

Yeah, a few operating systems do that for various tape operations.
Chg-zd-mtx handles it for loads by polling the device until it's
ready, but should probably be patched to handle the same for ejects.
We're going to rewrite this script in Perl eventually, and add the
capability to specify properties to control its operation (rewoffl vs.
eject, returns early for which operations, etc.).

In the interim, inserting sleeps is a good solution.

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com