Amanda-Users

Re: build 2.6.0p2 error, Solaris platform

2008-10-10 14:44:51
Subject: Re: build 2.6.0p2 error, Solaris platform
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: Chris Hoogendyk <hoogendyk AT bio.umass DOT edu>, dustin AT zmanda DOT com
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:13:22 -0400
Chris,
Dustin,

I guess I'm a little slow... I installed the pkg-config package.

Still problems, but dinking with LD_LIBRARY_PATH (yes, I did find
a posting by Dustin on this) and playing with PATH as well I was
able to get configure to complete.

Running # make now, hopefully I'm past the issues I was having.

This should give me a test of the new amanda version and the
ability to incorporate ZFS snapshots, since the new servr I'm
putting together will provide samba shares on zfs file systems.

The platform was Solaris 10, the packages I installed where from
sun.com/freeware. There may have already been a pkg-config, but
I installed the freeware version of that also (did not see this
listed on the
    http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Installation/Amanda%27s_Requirements
 page. But I imagine there is a version there by default that I
wasn't able to find because of path issues, maybe.

The configure command, just for reference, is
./configure --with-user=amanda --with-group=sys --with-udpportrange=932,948
--with-tcpportrange=10084,10100 --with-gtar=/usr/sfw/bin/gtar

I imagine I'll do something similar with the Solaris x86 systems.

BTW, I try to build the kit once, I don't need port ranges for
most system, but a few are on firewalls and there is no value
for me doing this a second time, without port range.

I don't imagine there is a problem releasing by compiled version
if anyone wants it. If someone is interested, ask and I'll check
up the (management) tree a little ways.

                                                thank you,

                                                Brian

On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 04:47:08PM -0400, Brian Cuttler wrote:

> Chris,
> Dustin,
>
> I installed the packages on the target system, figured it was
> a clean place to work and I wouldn't be picking up a lot of
> detritis.
>
> ./configure ran a lot longer, and this time gave a clear error messages.
>
> checking for main in -lcur_colr... no
> checking for main in -lintl... yes
> checking for main in -lresolv... yes
> checking for main in -lnsl... yes
> checking for main in -lsocket... yes
> checking for main in -lsun... no
> checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
> checking pkg-config is at least version 0.16... no
> checking for GLIB - version >= 2.2.0... no
> *** A new enough version of pkg-config was not found.
> *** See http://www.freedesktop.org/software/pkgconfig/
> configure: error: glib not found or too old; See
> http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Installation for help
>
> The confusing thing is that I installed 2.14.1 of glib (from the
> sun.com/freeware site), which as far as I can tell is a lot newer
> than 2.2.0.
>
> Should I install an older version, or...
>
>                                               thank you,
>
>                                               Brian
>
> On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 05:20:31PM -0400, Chris Hoogendyk wrote:
> >

> > Brian Cuttler wrote:
> > >Amanda users,
> > >
> > >My build of amanda on solaris is failing, I am building on
> > >the same system that I built the previous version on. Well,
> > >the previous version I've been installing, I build a local
> > >kit by target architecture, including common switches like
> > >porttrange whether or not I need them on "all" systems or
> > >just a few. I did not build the more recent Amanda release
> > >(ie, amanda's previous version).
> > >
> > >Configure is failing for me, I don't know why, but the following
> > >is what I do know.
> > >
> > >                                           thank you,
> > >
> > >                                           Brian
> > >
> > >[copahue]: /tmp/am-inst/amanda-2.6.0p2 > ./configure
> > >--with-tcpportrange=10084,10100 --with-udpportrange=932,948
> > >--with-user=amanda --with-group=sys --with-gtar
> > >
> > >The configure runs fine until this point.
> > >
> > >checking for sys/types.h... (cached) yes
> > >checking sys/uio.h usability... yes
> > >checking sys/uio.h presence... yes
> > >checking for sys/uio.h... yes
> > >checking syslog.h usability... yes
> > >checking syslog.h presence... yes
> > >checking for syslog.h... yes
> > >checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
> > >checking if sockaddr_storage struct exists... (cached) yes
> > >checking for int... yes
> > >checking size of int... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (int)
> > >See `config.log' for more details.
> > >
> > >Checking the amanda archives, I see the error can be misleading
> > >so I checked carefully the config.log file.
> > >
> > >This must be the end of the output defs section.
> > >
> > >psdir='${docdir}'
> > >sbindir='/usr/local/sbin'
> > >sharedstatedir='${prefix}/com'
> > >sysconfdir='${prefix}/etc'
> > >target='sparc-sun-solaris2.9'
> [...]
---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain
confidential or sensitive information which is, or may be, legally
privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure.  It
is intended only for the addressee.  If you received this in error or
from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, please do not
distribute, copy or use it or any attachments.  Please notify the
sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this from your
system. Thank you for your cooperation.