Amanda-Users

Re: Availability of Amanda Solaris10/Open Solaris package

2008-10-02 08:53:48
Subject: Re: Availability of Amanda Solaris10/Open Solaris package
From: Nick Smith <nick.smith AT techop DOT ch>
To: Paddy Sreenivasan <paddy AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 14:44:49 +0200

Paddy Sreenivasan wrote:
Nick, Jon and others,

I had posted the directory structure question to Open Solaris
discussion list. Many Sun employees read it.
The general answer was to follow filesystem(5) man page.

I read the man page and updated the wiki with the locations being
considered. See
http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Amanda_packages_from_Zmanda_downloads_page#Installation_directories

Next solaris builds will use these locations.

thanks
Paddy

[snip thread history]

Hi Paddy,

Great! I have no issues with the proposed directory structure at all!

Regards & Many Thanks,

Nick

p.s. I'll get around to send you some SMF manifest installation stuff soon.