Amanda-Users

Re: planner: could not lock log file

2008-09-10 10:29:54
Subject: Re: planner: could not lock log file
From: John Hein <jhein AT timing DOT com>
To: tashirov AT unido-ichet DOT org
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 08:23:22 -0600
Taalaibek Ashirov wrote at 15:16 +0300 on Sep 10, 2008:
 > I am using FreeBSD 6.3 and amanda 2.5.1p3. Running amcheck results no
 > errors. All the debug files result no
 > errors.
 >
 > But I got "Result Missing" errors back in the amreport after
 > amdump. Below is the error in amdump.1 file under the log location. The
 > log.error.1 file is created without anything in it.
 >
 > What can I do to fix this error? Please help. Thank you very much.

 > READING CONF FILES...
 > driver: pid 67085 executable /usr/local/libexec/amanda/driver version
 > 2.5.1p3
 > planner: could not lock log file /var/log/amanda/dotProject/log: Invalid
 > argument
 > driver: could not lock log file /var/log/amanda/dotProject/log: Invalid
 > argument
 >
 > $amadmin x version | grep LOCKING
 > LOCKING=POSIX_FCNTL DEBUG_CODE AMANDA_DEBUG_DAYS=4

>From the fcntl(3) man page...

     [EINVAL]           The cmd argument is F_DUPFD and arg is negative or
                        greater than the maximum allowable number (see
                        getdtablesize(2)).

                        The argument cmd is F_GETLK, F_SETLK or F_SETLKW and
                        the data to which arg points is not valid.

And the amanda code to do the lock...

int
amflock(
    int         fd,
    char *      resource)
{
        int r;

#ifdef USE_POSIX_FCNTL
        (void)resource; /* Quiet unused paramater warning */
        lock.l_type = F_WRLCK;
        lock.l_whence = SEEK_SET;
        r = fcntl(fd, F_SETLKW, &lock);
#else

It's not immediatly obvious why this would cause EINVAL.

Out of curiosity, what is the output of 'df /var/log/amanda/dotProject'?