Amanda-Users

Re: 2.6 upgrade file locations

2008-08-13 12:37:51
Subject: Re: 2.6 upgrade file locations
From: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
To: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 12:27:40 -0400
On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 09:27:29AM -0400, Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:
> --with-sbindir=/opt/amanda2/sbin \
> --with-libexecdir=/opt/amanda2/libexec \
> --with-libdir=/opt/amanda2/lib \
> --with-mandir=/opt/amanda2/man  \

OK. I had them like that, but when i looked at the script that seemed
incositent with established configure syntax, so I "fixed" them.

> These four lines are being ignored -- thes options should not include
> "with-".  Check the configure --help.
>
> > 164     ./perlib/Amanda
>
> This has to be present for perl to find packages with the "Amanda::" prefix.

OK. I can live with that.

> > 808     ./share/amanda
>
> What's in here?  I can't tell just from the directory name where it came from.
>
> > 4       ./include/amanda
>
> This is amincludedir, which you can set explicitly if you'd like
> (--with-amincludedir).  See configure --help.

Consider it don :-)

> > 76      ./var/lib/amanda/example/label-templates
> > 124     ./var/lib/amanda/example
> > 60      ./var/lib/amanda/template.d
> > 188     ./var/lib/amanda
>
> These currently can't be changed (/var/lib/amanda =
> $(localstatedir)/amanda.  You could fix that with a patch to
> config/amanda/dirs.m4 and example/Makefile.am.

Right, I might find the time to do that. If I do, I'll ask how to submit
the patch. In the menatime, isn't AMANDA_HOME/var/lib where index files are
stored? So if I am correct, then won't this change break working systems on
an upgrade? At least untill an entire dumpcycle has been run, and new
indexes have been created for all posible tapes?

Thanks for the help!

programs.