Amanda-Users

Re: Backwards compatibility of 2.5.0p2

2008-04-23 14:19:57
Subject: Re: Backwards compatibility of 2.5.0p2
From: Fran Fabrizio <fran AT cis.uab DOT edu>
To: Chris Hoogendyk <hoogendyk AT bio.umass DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 13:13:57 -0500

Does this http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Version_compatibility help answer your questions?
Yes, thank you for the link. That page states:

"Amanda 2.5.0 uses the same protocol as 2.4. One can use a 2.5.0 server with 2.4 clients and a 2.4 server with 2.5.0 clients."

So it would appear from that statement that the problems I am seeing are not basic incompatibilities, and my question becomes more about what is causing these "stranded on waitq" messages from 2.4.4pX clients with the 2.5.0p2 server that were working on with the 2.4.5p1 server.

--
Fran Fabrizio
Senior Systems Analyst