Amanda-Users

Re: Amverifyrun not verifying the entire run -- anyone know why?

2008-04-23 09:36:36
Subject: Re: Amverifyrun not verifying the entire run -- anyone know why?
From: "Donald Murray, P.Eng." <donaldm314 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 07:32:56 -0600
Thanks Dustin,

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 1:43 PM, Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 2:53 PM, Donald Murray, P.Eng.
>  <donaldm314 AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
>  >  Around line 432 it's finished checking the last dump it checks, then
>  >  it starts the first dump from godel. I've included that section below:
>
> >  ++ grep 'reached end of information'
> > /tmp/amanda/amverify.3273/amrestore.out
>  >  + EOI='amrestore: 1: reached end of information'
>
>  OK, so amrestore is giving an EOF indication.  In 2.5.2, at least
>  (2.5.1 is only in the CVS repository, so I don't have it handy), that
>  comes when read_file_header returns an error or zero.  Is the header
>  of that file intact?  Can you look at
>  /tmp/amanda/amverify.3273/amrestore.out to see if there are other
>  error messages?
>
>  To be fair, I already know the ending of this story.  Almost all of
>  the code you're looking at has been rewritten in 2.6.0, so whatever
>  the problem is, the answer is probably going to be "upgrade to 2.6.0".
>

>  Dustin
>
>  --
>  Storage Software Engineer
>  http://www.zmanda.com

I tried amrecover of the offending dump -- doesn't look good:

tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
tar: ./edits/.thumbnails: Warning: Cannot acl_from_text: Invalid argument
tar: ./edits/.md5: Warning: Cannot acl_from_text: Invalid argument
tar: ./.thumbnails: Warning: Cannot acl_from_text: Invalid argument
tar: ./.md5: Warning: Cannot acl_from_text: Invalid argument
Extractor child exited with status 2
amrecover>

I'm going to give 2.6.0 a shot here, as soon as I get it installed on Fedora 8.
I'll leave the server alone (amanda-backup_server-2.5.1p3-1.fc6).

Cheers.