Amanda-Users

Re: Changed behavior of amflush, going to background?

2008-04-17 18:59:13
Subject: Re: Changed behavior of amflush, going to background?
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "Zembower, Kevin" <kzembowe AT jhuccp DOT org>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 17:49:47 -0400
On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Zembower, Kevin <kzembowe AT jhuccp DOT org>
wrote:
> Wow, I would have never guessed that I wanted -f (run in foreground) AND
>  -b (run in background) together. I assumed that they were mutually
>  exclusive. Will try out later. I suggest that the documentation be
>  changed to reflect this capacity. Thanks so much for suggesting this.

I'm not sure which documentation you're looking at, but I see "-b: Run
Amflush in batch mode".  You want it to do a batch run in the
foreground, so -b -f makes perfect sense :)

That said, if you provide new/changed text, I'll be glad to add it!

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com