Amanda-Users

managing the 'dump' directory on Amanda server

2008-04-16 18:41:57
Subject: managing the 'dump' directory on Amanda server
From: Craig Dewick <cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 08:32:44 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

I've been watching the disk usage for the /amanda partition on my Sun Ultra 2 system which is running as the Amanda tape server and noticed it's starting to approach becoming full (currently at about 70 percent of the 36 GB disk utilised for the Amanda functionality).

In the 'dump' directory, there are a lot of old dump subdirectories and I'd like to contain that a bit - is there a config option to limit how many old subdirectories are retained?

Craig.

--
Post by Craig Dewick (tm). Web @ "http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick";.
Email 2 "cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au". SunShack @ "http://www.sunshack.org";