Amanda-Users

Re: amcheck gets permission denied error

2008-04-15 12:50:55
Subject: Re: amcheck gets permission denied error
From: Chris Hoogendyk <hoogendyk AT bio.umass DOT edu>
To: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 12:27:41 -0400

Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:
That error is coming from client-src/sendbackup.c:
 821         access_result = access(device, amode);
 822         access_type = "access";
 823
 824         if(access_result == -1) {
 825             err = vstralloc("could not ", access_type, " ", qdevice,
 826                         " (", qdisk, "): ", strerror(errno), NULL);
 827         }

where 'amode' is R_OK.  You can simulate this with:
perl -MPOSIX -e 'print "yes\n" if POSIX::access("/", &POSIX::R_OK)'

Dustin

OK. But it's how we get to that code that seems to be the issue.

Yoshihiro Ishikawa wrote:
Hi Chris,

Can the below URL help you?

http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Why_does_amcheck_fail_while_amdump_succeeds%3F

Yoshihiro

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 7:14 AM, Chris Hoogendyk