Amanda-Users

Re: [Fwd: RE: VMware Support Request SR# 1104697711]

2008-03-31 07:48:49
Subject: Re: [Fwd: RE: VMware Support Request SR# 1104697711]
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: mister.olli AT googlemail DOT com
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 07:42:02 -0400
Mister Olli wrote:

I just re-read the docs about ports, and I hope to understand it right.
- If I have a firewall between the backup client and  server, the
easiest thing is to compile the client with custom --with-tcpportrange
and --with-udpportrange settings, and then open these ports in the
firewall for packets that are send between client and server?
The easiest think to do is to use the 'bsdtcp' auth, it is firewall friendly, it require only one tcp socket per connection.

Jean-Louis