Amanda-Users

Re: [Fwd: RE: VMware Support Request SR# 1104697711]

2008-03-26 23:08:48
Subject: Re: [Fwd: RE: VMware Support Request SR# 1104697711]
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: mister.olli AT googlemail DOT com
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 22:36:06 -0400
On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 6:16 PM, Mister Olli <mister.olli AT googlemail DOT
com> wrote:
> hi....

So, to summarize, the only command that fails is one which would
otherwise spew massive amounts of data to the console.

I think that the best debugging method at the moment is to return to
running amanda, let it get a gtar process running in this infinite
loop, and then trace it.  Here's what you do:
 - make sure 'strace' is installed
 - run amanda
 - use 'ps' to determine the pid of the gtar process
 - run 'strace -p PID' > /tmp/trace
 - count to three, hit control-c
 - zip up /tmp/trace and sent it to me (not to the list -- I'll summarize)

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com