Amanda-Users

Re: strange amrecover behavior

2007-08-23 16:24:44
Subject: Re: strange amrecover behavior
From: Jean-Francois Malouin <Jean-Francois.Malouin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
To: AMANDA users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 16:24:50 -0400
* George Kelbley <kelbley AT cs.unm DOT edu> [20070823 15:58]:
> I am seeing a real strange thing happen when running amrecover on amanda
> 2.5.1p1 installed on a debian etch server (installed from packages).
>
> I need to completely restore all the directories in one dle, (in other
> words a full restore ) but amrecover is telling me it only needs last
> night's tape which only has an incremental, its not prompting for the
> most recent level 0 at all.  I can work around it manually, but
> amrecover has always worked "normally" for me in the past.
>
> If anyone has any ideas . . .

What is 'history' telling you in the amrecover session
once you have sethost/disk/date and added the dle to
be extracted?

Check also the output of 'amadmin config info hostname diskname'?

I always found amrestore to be more convenient to use when restoring
entire dle's...just me though.

jf