Amanda-Users

Re: multiple drives, one config?

2007-08-23 04:51:04
Subject: Re: multiple drives, one config?
From: "Marc Muehlfeld" <Marc.Muehlfeld AT medizinische-genetik DOT de>
To: "Paul Lussier" <pll+amanda AT permabit DOT com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 10:47:47 +0200 (CEST)
hi,

Paul Lussier schrieb:
> Is it possible to have amanda use both of these drives simultaneously
> so my writing-to-tape phase goes faster?

Currently you can't write simultaneously with a single configuration at
the same time.

Chg-multi is something that may help you. But it doesn't work with
different sized tapedrives, because there is only one tapetype option you
can specify.
http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Changers#chg-multi_.28formerly_chg-generic.29

> Alternatively, can I write the same data to both drives such that I
> create a duplicate tape set (one to keep on site, one to send off ?).

You can setup RAIT:
http://www.amanda.org/docs/rait.html
http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/How_To:Set_Up_RAIT_(Redundant_Array_of_Independent_Tapes)

But currently only 3 or 5 drive sets are supported.

Regards
Marc

--
Marc Muehlfeld (Leitung Systemadministration)
Zentrum fuer Humangenetik und Laboratoriumsmedizin Dr. Klein und Dr. Rost