Amanda-Users

Re: smbclient backups on RHEL/centos 5

2007-08-09 12:45:43
Subject: Re: smbclient backups on RHEL/centos 5
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Paul Bijnens <Paul.Bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 12:27:48 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 at 5:52pm, Paul Bijnens wrote

On 2007-08-09 17:18, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
I haven't been able to get smbclient backups to work via a centos-5 "client". I've had them working for a long while with centos-4, but the exact same config just plain doesn't work in centos-5. I've tried the version of amanda included in centos-5 (2.5.0p2), my old standby (2.4.5p1), and the most recent (2.5.2p1). They all fail fundamentally in the same way, with a message saying:

samba access error: //$WINHOST/$SHARE: session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE: returned 1

I'm starting to suspect the samba version (3.0.23c) to be at fault. Has anyone else encountered this? Anybody worked around it?

I have no problem using the centos-5 smbclient to connect to PC's.
(I did have some problems to connect to Vista-PC's, even with older
samba-versions; but that's easily solved by tweaking the registry.)

  $ smbclient --version
  Version 3.0.23c-2.el5.2.0.2

And using it through the command line:

  smbclient //host/share  -U username -W workgroup

does it give the same error?  (and you're sure the password etc is
correct?)

Hrmph. I was sure I'd tried that before and had it work, but now it's not working. And doing pointed me at some issues in the samba setup that may be getting in the way. *sigh* Sorry for the noise.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering