Amanda-Users

smbclient backups on RHEL/centos 5

2007-08-09 11:24:08
Subject: smbclient backups on RHEL/centos 5
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 11:18:45 -0400 (EDT)
I haven't been able to get smbclient backups to work via a centos-5 "client". I've had them working for a long while with centos-4, but the exact same config just plain doesn't work in centos-5. I've tried the version of amanda included in centos-5 (2.5.0p2), my old standby (2.4.5p1), and the most recent (2.5.2p1). They all fail fundamentally in the same way, with a message saying:

samba access error: //$WINHOST/$SHARE: session setup failed:
NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE: returned 1

I'm starting to suspect the samba version (3.0.23c) to be at fault. Has anyone else encountered this? Anybody worked around it?

Thanks!

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering