Amanda-Users

Re: Backup of windows host does not work

2007-07-09 23:57:58
Subject: Re: Backup of windows host does not work
From: Olivier Nicole <on AT cs.ait.ac DOT th>
To: bb AT ic-marl DOT de
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 10:42:00 +0700 (ICT)
Hi,

> i´m trying to configure my first backup of a windows host.
> [...]
> smbclient connect from Server to client works with same username and
> passwort which is set in amandapass

Have you tried to issue an smbclient command? What was the command
like? Did it work?

What type of Windows are you using? smblient command changed from W98
to W2K/WXP.

> "selfcheck request failed: timeout waiting for ACK"

What do you have in /tmp/amanda/selfcheck.xxx.debug

In that file you should find the smbclient command that amanda try to
use, does it work if you try it manually?

Olivier