Amanda-Users

Restore on Host with two interfaces

2007-01-31 18:07:08
Subject: Restore on Host with two interfaces
From: Fritz Wittwer <Fritz.Wittwer AT datacomm DOT ch>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 23:54:28 +0100
I have a special Client configuration

'Host a' is A virtual Interface (Logical Interface under Sun Solaris 10) inside a Solaris Server. This service might switch to another Node. To be certain to backup all the time the active service, I use the service address for the backup client. But if I try an amrecover from the client, it talks with its node address to the Amanda server, wich is not known on the server.

Situation a)

Samba Service on Node chur with IP x.x.x.80 runs on node asuel with IP x.x.x.72

Situation b)
Samba Service on Node chur with IP x.x.x.80 runs on node bachs with IP x.x.x.62

The amanda server always talks to the server chur to get the backups, this works just fine.

If i start amrecover one e.g asuel , I get the following error

501 Host asuel is not in your disklist.
Trying host asuel ...
501 Host asuel is not in your disklist.
Trying host asuel.xxxx.ch ...
501 Host asuel.xxx.ch is not in your disklist.
Trying host loghost ...
501 Host loghost is not in your disklist.

So I need a way to tell the amanda server, to accept asuel (and bex) as an alias host for chur, any idea on how to do this?

BTW, asuel and bachs are Solaris Zones which are backed up from the global zone, so there is no need to run amanda on this hosts.

Fritz