Amanda-Users

Backward Compatibility

2007-01-27 21:03:22
Subject: Backward Compatibility
From: Stephen Carville <carville AT cpl DOT net>
To: Amanda Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 17:35:13 -0800
Is Amanda 2.5.1 server compatible with 2.4.5p1 clients? I have one client with abotu 140 DLE's and it consistently skips four. I'm gussing I've hit the limit on a UDP packet size. I'd like to move to ssh authentication on all machnes but that machine obviously needs it ASAP. Can I upgrade the one client and the server without breaking my 2.4.5p1 clients?

--
Stephen Carville -- polluting the ranks of skeptics since 1995.
Mystical man values human life. Rational man values the ability to value human life.