Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover problem

2007-01-25 19:28:13
Subject: Re: amrecover problem
From: Kevin Till <kevin.till AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Eric Doutreleau <Eric.Doutreleau AT int-evry DOT fr>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 15:57:05 -0800
Eric Doutreleau wrote:
Kevin Till a écrit :

Axel Seguin wrote:

Obviously the client tries to contact the server on port 10080,
shouldn't it try to reach the server on port 10082? How can I change
that?

In ~/.amandahosts on the client I have :

<server fqdn> <amanda user on the server> amdump

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,
there is an update on Amanda 2.5.1. To enable different auth mechanism, amandad needs to run on the server. And it will start amindexd and amidxtaped accordingly.

Please see http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Configuring_bsd/bsdudp/bsdtcp_authentication

well i have seen that but i have a lot of old amanda configuration and i would like to use "amoldrecover".

amoldrecover will try to connect to port 10082 on the server. This particular server must run amindexd and amidxtaped in the Amanda 2.5.0 format.

See:
http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Quick_start#Configuring_xinetd_on_server

Hope this helps.
--