Amanda-Users

Re: reading MIC on AIT using mtx and micinfo (from SONY)

2007-01-24 17:02:10
Subject: Re: reading MIC on AIT using mtx and micinfo (from SONY)
From: Ian Turner <ian AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Chris Hoogendyk <hoogendyk AT bio.umass DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 16:26:08 -0500
Chris,

>From my research on MIC technology about a year ago, it appears the drive will
automatically take advantage of the information if you issue an ASF and ASB
mt system calls. The MIC information allows the drive to seek directly to the
file or block requested, but this feature is implemented in firmware and
doesn't require any OS support.

I don't know anything about the micinfo tool.

Cheers,

--Ian

--
Wiki for Amanda documentation: http://wiki.zmanda.com/