Amanda-Users

Re: amidxtape req'd on clients?

2007-01-19 16:23:14
Subject: Re: amidxtape req'd on clients?
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Deb Baddorf <baddorf AT fnal DOT gov>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 16:13:38 -0500
Tell amrecover to connect to your tape server with the -s and -t options.
You don't need to install amidxtaped on the client

Deb Baddorf wrote:
My clients seem to fail at doing recovers unless I have the amidxtaped process installed (and in inetd.conf) on the client. Yet doing an install as "client-only" doesn't install this piece. I wind up doing server installs on most of my clients.

What am I doing wrong? I gather that amidxtaped isn't supposed to be needed on
the client,  but I can't make do without it.

Deb Baddorf