Amanda-Users

Backup Problems 2.4.4 Server <-> 2.5.1 Client

2007-01-10 04:00:52
Subject: Backup Problems 2.4.4 Server <-> 2.5.1 Client
From: Nicki Messerschmidt <amanda-u AT alienn DOT net>
To: "amanda-users AT amanda DOT org" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 09:51:22 +0100

Hi,
I have a running 2.4 environment and just joined a Debian testing
machine to that park. This new machine comes with Amanda 2.5.1.
When I try to backup this machine using my standard backup configuration
(including the option "exclude list optional ".amanda.excludes"")
everything screws up.
The backup never finishes (waited about two days wondering) and the on
client the tmp directory (/tmp/amanda) fills up with files (hundreds of
them) like:
/tmp/amanda/sendbackup_$DLE_$TIMESTAMP

These files all contain the same information, the optional exclude list
for the particular dle. Nothing else. A new file is are created about
every five minutes.

Are there any known incompatibilities?

Cheers
Nicki

FYI:
server: amanda-server (2.4.4p3-3)
Client: amanda-client (2.5.1p1-2.1)

Server:
Dumptype definition:
define dumptype global {
        program "GNUTAR"
        exclude list optional ".amanda.excludes"
        index yes
}

define dumptype comp-user {
    global
    comment "Non-root partitions on reasonably fast machines"
    options compress-fast
    priority medium
    exclude list optional ".amanda.excludes"
}

sample disklist entry:
this.host.tld   /       comp-user 18  eth0

Client:
/.amanda.excludes:
./var/*
./usr/*
./home/*
./tmp/*

- --
Linksystem Muenchen GmbH                          info AT link-m DOT de
Schloerstrasse 10                           http://www.link-m.de
80634 Muenchen                              Tel. 089 / 890 518-0
We make the Net work.                       Fax 089 / 890 518-77
PGP Keys:                             https://www.link-m.de/pgp/