Amanda-Users

preparing tests/basic questions

2007-01-09 08:30:59
Subject: preparing tests/basic questions
From: Martin Marcher <martin.marcher AT openforce DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 14:22:33 +0100
Hello,

I'm planning to set up amanda and read the manual as well as a few points from the FAQ, now before doing anything I still have basic questions:

* How can I use amanda without a tape drive (didn't buy one by now but I'd like to start testing asap) - Is that smart to do so even, or should I first invest money and then test? * I do understand the concept of "Not making a full backup every friday" but I didn't quite understand how, if amanda takes care about when all of this is done, I do find out when the last fullbackup was (or if that kind of thinking even applies to amanda).

thanks for the info
martin