Amanda-Users

Re: amflush oddity

2007-01-08 00:54:52
Subject: Re: amflush oddity
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 23:39:50 -0600
Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:
> Frank Smith wrote:
>> Debian package 2.5.1p1-2.1
>> Anyway, now amflush reports
>> *** THE DUMPS DID NOT FINISH PROPERLY!
>> even though everything was successfully flushed to tape according
>> to the dump summary.  I'm guessing that error message was triggered
>> by the WARNING in the NOTES section:
>> driver: WARNING: This is not the first amdump run today. Enable the
>> usetimestamps option in the configuration file if you want to run
>> amdump more than once per calendar day.
>>
>> I didn't run amdump more than once.  It ran early this morning
>> to do the backups, and then I ran amflush this afternoon.  Does
>> amflush count as an amdump run?
>>
> It should not, try the attached patch.

After applying the patch and running amflush on a weeks worth of
backups on the holding disk, it was successful and the report
looked like it should, so hopefully the patch will make it into
the release version.

Thanks for creating the patch.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673