Amanda-Users

Excluding with Samba

2006-12-13 07:32:39
Subject: Excluding with Samba
From: "Patrick M. Hausen" <hausen AT punkt DOT de>
To: amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 12:58:15 +0100
Hello!

I just tried to add our Windows server to our Amanda backup.
Basically everything is working, the nightly dump fails
because of "dumps way to big".

I want to backup this disklist entry:

hugo10.ka.punkt.de      //hugo11/c$     samba-tar

The samba-tar definition looks like this:

define dumptype samba-tar {
    root-tar
    comment "user partitions dumped with tar"
    priority medium
    exclude "./Virtual Machines"
}

Obviously this does *not* correctly exclude the "Virtual Machines"
directory on drive C:, because otherwise the dumps would definitely
fit on the tape.

How to specify exclusions if one is using Samba? The above syntax
I tried is correct for Unix hosts with gnutar, but I could not
find an example for Windows.

Thanks,

Patrick M. Hausen
Leiter Netzwerke und Sicherheit
--
punkt.de GmbH         Internet - Dienstleistungen - Beratung
Vorholzstr. 25        Tel. 0721 9109 -0 Fax: -100