Amanda-Users

Re: Dump larger than available tape space

2006-12-13 06:59:40
Subject: Re: Dump larger than available tape space
From: Paul Bijnens <Paul.Bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Marc Muehlfeld <Marc.Muehlfeld AT medizinische-genetik DOT de>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 12:55:01 +0100
Note that "amanda-hackers" is for developers.  This is clearly
a user question.  So I redirected the answer to the amanda-users list.

On 2006-12-05 14:29, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use amanda 2.5.1p2 and setup
>
>         tape_splitsize 3072M
>         fallback_splitsize 32M
>
> Amanda is filling tapes almost to 100% with this option, but if I want to
> backup a mountpoint that is compressed larger then the space of an empty
> tape, I get a "Dump larger than available tape space"-Error.
>
> What I am doing wrong?

That should work, if the parameters you gave are on the right tapetype
definition, and you use a changer and you set runtapes > 1.

And ofcourse the total size of the dump should not be larger than
runtapes times tapecapacity (the one you specified, not the one physical
capacity of the tape).

What is the size?
What is runtapes?
What is the result of:
 amadmin yourconfig disklist thehost /the/large/disk
Des it show the tape_splitsize parameter above?

--
Paul Bijnens, xplanation Technology Services        Tel  +32 16 397.511
* I think I've got the hang of it now:  exit, ^D, ^C, ^\, ^Z, ^Q, ^^, *