Amanda-Users

Re: Infinite loop

2006-12-10 09:56:50
Subject: Re: Infinite loop
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: bradw AT genetests DOT org
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 09:41:51 -0500
Brad Willson wrote:
I'm stuck in a seemingly endless loop of amcheck, verify permissions, see
error, verify permissions, repeat...

amcheck reports...

ERROR: FQDN: [can not read/write /etc/amandates: Permission denied]

yet on the client...

# ls -l /etc/amandates
-rw-r-----  1 amandabackup disk 0 Oct 11 09:18 /etc/amandates

# ls -Z /etc/amandates
-rw-r-----  amandaba disk     root:object_r:etc_t              /etc/amandates

Other clients behind the firewall work fine.

Any ideas?

ISTR that file needs tight permissions, amanda doesn't trust it if its accessable/modifiable by anyone other than amanda. I believe this is mentioned in the docs but don't have them handy, I'm 1k miles from home on a laptop.

I'm sure someone will further clarify this.