Amanda-Users

Re: 2.5.1p1 - Error connecting to windows clients

2006-12-08 12:40:50
Subject: Re: 2.5.1p1 - Error connecting to windows clients
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Ryan Castleberry <ryan AT xantari DOT com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 12:26:48 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 8 Dec 2006 at 10:01am, Ryan Castleberry wrote

amandapass:
-----------
//winpc/share    backup%password

---------
disklist:
---------
winpc.mydomain.com    //winpc/share    samba

Shouldn't that be someunixboxwithsamba.mydomain.org?

Um, no....
Yes, I am running amanda and samba on a debian box, but when I am trying to backup a Windows box with the above config I get the reported error...

You're missing the point. When you back up a Windows box with amanda, the actual client you put in the disklist is the *nix box that connects to the Windows box via smbclient. So, your DLE for the Windows client *should* be:

someunixboxwithsamba.mydomain.org    //winpc/share    samba

where someunixboxwithsamba.mydomain.org is the system on which your amandapass file from above resides.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering