Amanda-Users

Re: 2.5.1p1 - Error connecting to windows clients

2006-12-08 12:15:46
Subject: Re: 2.5.1p1 - Error connecting to windows clients
From: Ryan Castleberry <ryan AT xantari DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 10:01:15 -0700
Matt Hyclak wrote:
On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 02:20:40PM -0700, Ryan Castleberry enlightened us:

I am running Debian testing. Upon initial upgrade to 2.5.1p1, amanda
would not get ACKs from any machines. I ended up downloading a new
amanda 2.5.1p1 debian package and reinstalling. I now have no problems
getting to Linux machines, but am unable to reach windows machines via
samba.

As user backup, I am able to /usr/bin/smbclient //winpc/share.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Information that may be pertinent follows:

$ amcheck -c daily
Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
WARNING: winpc.mydomain.com: selfcheck request failed: timeout waiting
for ACK
Client check: 1 host checked in 30.013 seconds, 1 problem found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.5.1p1)

------------< snip <------< snip <------< snip <------------

-----------
amandapass:
//winpc/share    backup%password

---------
disklist:
---------
winpc.mydomain.com    //winpc/share    samba

Shouldn't that be someunixboxwithsamba.mydomain.org?

Um, no....
Yes, I am running amanda and samba on a debian box, but when I am trying to backup a Windows box with the above config I get the reported error...