Amanda-Users

Re: not allowed to execute the service noop: Please add "amdump" to the line in /root/.amandahosts

2006-12-08 11:20:34
Subject: Re: not allowed to execute the service noop: Please add "amdump" to the line in /root/.amandahosts
From: Jeffrey Anderson <JDAnderson AT lbl DOT gov>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 07:25:32 -0800
On Friday 08 December 2006 06:25, mario <ml AT bortal DOT de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 2006-12-08 at 09:12 -0500, Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:
> > mario wrote:
> > > Hello List,
> > >
> > > i am running Amanda version 2.4.5 on Ubuntu Breezy and i get this
> > > error:
> > >
> > > These dumps were to tape TEST-2.
> > > The next tape Amanda expects to use is: a new tape.
> > > The next new tape already labelled is: TEST-3.
> > >
> > > FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
> > >   planner: ERROR testserverNAK :  user backup from testserver is not
> > > allowed to execute the service noop: Please add "amdump" to the line
> > > in /root/.amandahosts
> > >   testserver      /dev/sda2 RESULTS MISSING
> > >

> > > But amdump is already in /root/.amandahosts:
> > >
> > > cat /root/.amandahosts
> > > localhost root amdump
> >
> > why localhost? why root? The message tell you it's testserver and backup.
> >
> > add: testserver backup amdump
>
> I still get the same error. Looks like localhost gets resolved to
> testserver?
>
> Thanks, Mario

Why /root/.amandahosts ?

I would think that you want ~backup/.amandahosts

With these problems there could be additional ownership problems with the
installation and with the xinetd.d file(s)

jeffrey anderson                        | jdanderson AT lbl DOT gov
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory   | Mailstop 50a-5101
Phone: 510 486-4208                     | Fax: 510 486-6808