Amanda-Users

Re: How to force amanda to serialize dumper/taper

2006-12-06 17:44:29
Subject: Re: How to force amanda to serialize dumper/taper
From: Evan Harris <eharris AT puremagic DOT com>
To: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 16:33:16 -0600 (CST)

Debian testing, SDLT 110/220, Intel P4 2.8Ghz 3gig RAM.  Amanda 2.5.1p1-2.

The holding disk is a dedicated PATA IDE drive (master) on its own cable/bus (no slave). The tape drive is on its own SCSI bus (no other devices). Bonnie tests on the IDE drive give roughly 20MB/sec, and I have no trouble keeping the tape drive streaming using dd from the IDE drive to the tape drive. Amanda tapetest speed on the tapedrive came in right at 10MB/sec.

I'm currently testing on a standalone SDLT drive first. But the final config will be the same type of drive in an ADIC changer.

Evan