Amanda-Users

Re: Amrecover help needed

2006-07-21 12:40:55
Subject: Re: Amrecover help needed
From: Anne Wilson <cannewilson AT tiscali.co DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 17:34:28 +0100
On Thursday 20 July 2006 22:39, Frank Smith wrote:
> Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:

> >> That's what I want to do.  How do I tell it where to put the recovered
> >> file?
> >
> > It goes into $CWD from which you launched amrecover.
>
> If you forget to change to your desired destination directory before
> starting amrecover, you can use the lcd command to change to another
> destination directory within amrecover before you give the extract
> command.  Sometimes useful if you have spent some time picking and
> choosing files before remembering you're not where you want them
> restored to and don't want to start over.

Thanks to all who have responded, on and off-list.  I'm almost there, in that
I have successfully recovered a file, but I'm still having problems with
directing the file to where I want it.  This was my latest attempt:

[root@borg amanda-2.5.0-20060323]# cd /home/anne/Documents/recover
[root@borg recover]# amrecover
AMRECOVER Version 2.5.0-20060323. Contacting server on borg ...
220 borg AMANDA index server (2.5.0-20060323) ready.
200 Access OK
Setting restore date to today (2006-07-21)
200 Working date set to 2006-07-21.
Scanning /tmp/dumps...
200 Config set to Daily.
200 Dump host set to borg.
Trying disk /home ...
$CWD '/home/anne/Documents/recover' is on disk '/home' mounted at '/home'.
200 Disk set to /home.
Invalid directory - /home/anne/Documents/recover

Why is it invalid?  I thought at first it was a permissions problem, but then
amrecover is running as root.

Anne