Amanda-Users

Re: Amrecover help needed

2006-07-20 16:53:03
Subject: Re: Amrecover help needed
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Anne Wilson <cannewilson AT tiscali.co DOT uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:44:32 -0500
Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 20 July 2006 20:07, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
>> 'man amrecover' and specifically look at the 'setdisk' command.  Depending
>> on what your DLE looks like, you probably need to 'setdisk /home'.
>
> Right - /home is the root directory of one DLE, and the required file is
> in /home/anne/Documents/Spreadsheets.  According to the examples in
> man:amrecover I should now be able to ls the file, but
>
> 200 Disk set to /home.
> amrecover> ls -l bankrec.xls
> 2006-07-20 nigel/
> 2006-07-20 micky/
> 2006-07-20 lost+found/
> 2006-07-20 gillian/
> 2006-07-20 david/
> 2006-07-20 anne/
> 2006-07-20 andy/
> 2006-07-20 amanda/
> 2006-07-17 amanda.exclude~
> 2006-07-17 amanda.exclude
> 2006-07-20 .Trash-0/
> 2006-07-20 .
> Invalid command - syntax error

Not sure where this error is coming from, do you have a filename containing
special characters in that directory?

> amrecover> setdisk /home/anne/Documents
> 501 Disk borg:/home/anne/Documents is not in your disklist.
> amrecover> setdisk /home
> 200 Disk set to /home.
> amrecover>
>
> What is the next step?
setdate (if you want to recover from a date previous to the last run)
cd anne/Documents/Spreadsheets
ls  (if you want to see what is there)
add yourfilename
(other add, cd, and ls as needed to select additional files)
extract   (make sure you are in the directory you want it restored to,
           you can first do an lcd to change destination directory)

Keep in mind that if you restore a directory it will clear the dest
dir before the restore, so newer files will disappear.  It's safest
to always restore to a scratch dir and move the files afterwards.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673