Amanda-Users

Re: Has anyone suceded in configuring both virtual and physical tapes with RAIT?

2006-03-26 18:58:29
Subject: Re: Has anyone suceded in configuring both virtual and physical tapes with RAIT?
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>, amanda users list <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 00:54:25 +0200
stan schreef:
On Sun, Mar 26, 2006 at 11:28:20PM +0200, Paul Bijnens wrote:
stan schreef:
I've heard rumors that some people may have been able to get Amanda to
backup to both virtual tapes, and physical tapes in the same config (using
RAIT I would assume).

If anyone has this working, I'd like to hear about it. It looks like it
should be possible, but I really don't want to reinvent the wheel here, if
someone else has already got it working.
My experiences are summarized here:

  http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Rait

A couple of questions if you don't mind.

1. Did you make your virtual tapes the same size as your physical tapes?
2. If not, what did your tapetype look like?

Amanda stops writing to a tape when one of the tapes gives EOT.
So normally, you make them both the same size.