Amanda-Users

Re: backup just on holding disks makes many level 0

2006-03-16 10:52:23
Subject: Re: backup just on holding disks makes many level 0
From: Thomas Widhalm <widhalmt AT unix.sbg.ac DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 16:48:23 +0100
On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 09:27 -0500, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 10:43:30AM +0100, Thomas Widhalm wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 10:32 +0100, Paul Bijnens wrote:
> > > On 2006-03-16 09:12, Thomas Widhalm wrote:

> Should you decide to consolidate, I'd recommend you NOT
> do it all in one shot.  Each new addition would be a "new
> disk" to amanda and would have to immediately get a level 0.
> You probably don't want all 36 DLEs getting level 0s at
> the same time.
>
> And don't forget that inparallel parameter.

Ok. I will put the most hosts into one big configuration. But I can't
put them all together, because we have people who know the root
passwords of one or two of these machines, but don't of the others.

As far as I know by now, one can easily switch between disks within the
same disklist, but not to another disklist.

Regards,
Thomas

* Thomas Widhalm                             Unix Administrator *
* University of Salzburg                       ITServices (ITS) *
* Systems Management                               Unix Systems *
* Hellbrunnerstr. 34                     5020 Salzburg, Austria *
* widhalmt AT unix.sbg.ac DOT at                     +43/662/8044-6774 *
* gpg: 6265BAE6                                                 *
* http://www.sbg.ac.at/zid/organisation/mitarbeiter/widhalm.htm *