Amanda-Users

Re: backup just on holding disks makes many level 0

2006-03-13 15:22:15
Subject: Re: backup just on holding disks makes many level 0
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Leonid Shulov <lshulov AT arabellasw DOT com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 21:15:32 +0100
Leonid Shulov schreef:
Hi, NG!
I do night backup from all servers and PC's and 3 daily backups to holding disk, and after that amflush (All this backups is incrementals)
All backup files is with level 0.
Once weekly I do full backup.
That happened after upgrading to new version.

Is this a new question or is this the solution to the problem below?.
 :-)

Thanks,
Leonid

Thomas Widhalm wrote:

Hi!

We have a rather old workstation running tao 1 (is RHEL 3) with amanda
amanda-2.4.4p1-0.3E.1 . Since this is too old for vdisks, we just backup
to the holding disk. But it makes lots of level 0 backups. Some
filesystems have level 0 just every day!

Is there a way to make level incemental backups more often? Making more
fulls throughout the backup cycle is ok since we got enough space, but
not that many!

Thanks,
Thomas