Amanda-Users

Re: Sizes don't fit?

2006-03-16 10:24:09
Subject: Re: Sizes don't fit?
From: Matt Hyclak <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:19:07 -0500
On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 02:52:06PM +0100, listrcv enlightened us:
> Paul Bijnens wrote:
> >On 2006-03-16 13:48, listrcv wrote:
> >
> >>prometheus:/tmp/xxx# tar -cf test.tar -T include .
> >

> >When using -T you should not specify a list of things
> >to backup on the command line as well, i.e. omit the final dot.
>
> Oh! :)
>
> >>Maybe I just have to try it out ... :/
> >

> >Yes, indeed!
>
> I'm somewhat stuck with it. I need some doc on the format of the
> disklist to understand the example in the FAQ:
>

> fatboy  /bigmama_BIGDIR  /bigmama {     # a big subdirectory
> comp-user-tar
> include "./bigdir"
> }
> fatboy  /bigmama_FILES01 /bigmama {     # all files beginning with...
> nocomp-user-tar
> include "./file[01]*"
> }
>

> The 'fatboy' is the server? What is bigmama_BIGDIR and bigmama_FILES01?
> And why is every thing called /bigmama?

/bigmama is the mount point on the server. /bigmama_FILES01 is just a name
given to differentiate those specific files on /bigmama from those included
in /bigmama_BIGDIR

> Using
>

> prometheus      /home/a*        tar-dfault-no-x
> prometheus      /home/b*        tar-dfault-no-x
> [...]
>

> doesn't work, amcheck complains:
>

> ERROR: prometheus: [could not access /home/z* (/home/z*): No such file
> or directory]
> ERROR: prometheus: [could not access /home/y* (/home/y*): No such file
> or directory]
> [...]

Right, those files don't exist. (Literal *)

> Would it be something like this?
>

> prometheus /home_a /home {
>   tar-dfault-no-x
>   include "/home/a*"
>   exclude "/home/[!a]*"
> }
>
> prometheus /home_b /home {
>   tar-dfault-no-x
>   include "/home/b*"
>   exclude "/home/[!b]*"
> }
> [...]
> prometheus /home_rest /home {
>   tar-dfault-no-x
>   include "/home/[!a-z]*"
>   exclude "/home/[a-z]*"
> }

Close. You don't need to exclude unless there something in your range you
don't want. Here's what I do:

my.fqdn.com     /export_AI      /export {
        # Directories A-I
        comp-user-tar
        include "./[a-i]*"
        }
my.fqdn.com     /export_JQ      /export {
        # Directories J-Q
        comp-user-tar
        include "./[j-q]*"
        exclude "./profiles"
        }
my.fqdn.com     /export_RZ      /export {
        # Directories R-Z
        comp-user-tar
        include "./[r-z]*"
        }
my.fqdn.com     /export         /export {
        # All other directories - catchall
        comp-user-tar
        exclude "./[a-z]*"
        exclude append "./profiles"
        }

Note /export_JQ where I want to ignore the profiles directory, but profiles
is part of j-q. Same goes for the "catchall" at the end, I backup profiles
separately so I want to exclude it as well as all of the already known
quantities.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak