Amanda-Users

Re: Which is the correct way to backup windows servers using amanda? Is there one?

2006-03-10 08:23:04
Subject: Re: Which is the correct way to backup windows servers using amanda? Is there one?
From: "." <listrcv AT condor-werke DOT com>
To: Moritz Both <mb AT aldebaran DOT de>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 14:18:45 +0100
Moritz Both wrote:

Or are you using native windows backup software with its own tape drive?

Yes, I went with that because I thought it would be the safest and easiest way
to go. It's more expensive, but Windoze _is_ expensive in the first place, and
if it fails, I cannot be blamed for it --- letting aside that not loosing the
data and the easier handling is worth the extra expense in that particular case.
Keeping things simple increases reliability.

GH