Amanda-Users

Re: If most recent backup is not level 0, recovery fails to bring back all files when directories have been renamed

2006-03-08 10:54:25
Subject: Re: If most recent backup is not level 0, recovery fails to bring back all files when directories have been renamed
From: Dave Ewart <davee AT ceu.ox.ac DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 15:52:20 +0000
On Wednesday, 08.03.2006 at 10:02 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

> >This package of 'tar' is the current default in Debian/Sarge and is
> >updated with various security issues without changing the version
> >number, so it's not entirely clear what version is really there under
> >the hood.
>
> Which is exactly why I get this stuff (both tar and amanda) from the
> src and build my own.  It Just Works(TM). :)

Well, that works both ways of course.  The latest source might introduce
new problems, and at least distro-issued packages have been
preconfigured to put the files in 'all the right places', as per the
distro's usual specifications ...

I'll investigate what Ian has posted about listed-incremental...

Dave.
--
Dave Ewart
davee AT ceu.ox.ac DOT uk