Amanda-Users

Re: to configure or not to configure this is the question

2006-03-03 14:51:41
Subject: Re: to configure or not to configure this is the question
From: "Ram \"TK\" Krishnamurthy" <tk AT zmanda DOT com>
To: gil naveh <gnaveh AT cleverex DOT com>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 11:47:21 -0800
If you make the directory to be backed up visible to the backup server
over samba, it should be as simple as adding that directories to you DLE's. Assuming of course that you have media that has space to handle the added entry. Making sure the Windows server dir is visible with the right permission could be some work, depending on your configuration.

Thanks
tk

gil naveh wrote:

Hi,

We have Amanda backing up our Solaris servers for about a year. So far we are very happy with Amanda.

Recently I was requested to use Amanda to backup some of our Window server.

In order to do so, I have to configure Amanda with Smbclient.

Does it mean that I have do – reconfigure + make + make install from start – or is there another way more graceful to add the Smbclient configuration to Amanda.

Many thanks,

Gil

--

Ram "TK" Krishnamurthy