Amanda-Users

Re: to configure or not to configure this is the question

2006-03-03 12:42:54
Subject: Re: to configure or not to configure this is the question
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: Amanda-Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 12:38:59 -0500
On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 10:07:23AM -0600, gil naveh wrote:

> Recently I was requested to use Amanda to backup some of our Window server.
>
> In order to do so, I have to configure Amanda with Smbclient.
>
> Does it mean that I have do - reconfigure + make + make install from start -
> or is there another way more graceful to add the Smbclient configuration to
> Amanda.

I looked at my configure command line and see nothing about samba/smbclient.
Perhaps more important is whether or not configure was able to find smbclient
when it ran.

In your source tree, check if your Makefile's (built by configure) have
a line like 'SAMBA_CLIENT = /usr/sfw/bin/smbclient'.

BTW this should be on the amanda client which will access the windows
system.  That amanda client may or may not also be your amanda server.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)