Amanda-Users

Re: Illegal slot?

2005-12-30 07:04:54
Subject: Re: Illegal slot?
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 06:58:17 -0500
On Thursday 29 December 2005 02:57, Montagni, Giovanni wrote:
>Yesterday I've setup a new config with chg-manual and runtapes 2.
> Both yesterday and tonight, amverifyrun had failed with this error:
>
>Tapes:
>Errors found:
>amtape: could not load slot <none>: /usr/lib/amanda/chg-manual:
> illegal slot: -1
>
>amverify bkalfa-all
>Thu Dec 29 02:52:01 CET 2005

>** Error loading slot -1
>amtape: could not load slot <none>: /usr/lib/amanda/chg-manual:
> illegal slot: -1
>
>This error is strange because if i specify slot number on the command
>line all works (it want to check the second tape that it wasn't
> written but this is not a problem...).
>I've checked changer-status and changer-status-slot files but it's
> all ok. I suppose there's a file somewhere where amverify (o
> amverifyrun) take the (wrong) current slot number...
>
>How can i fix this problem? I would run amverify from cron...

I don't know if running it from cron is a good idea, because the backup
may not be finished & closed out when cron wants to run it.  I do that
from the same script invocation that does the backup so that the
sequencing is correct, and the backup is well and truely done before
the amverify is performed.  It works well here.

>Thanks to all of you.
>
>Giovanni

>- Il contenuto della presente comunicazione è riservato e destinato
> esclusivamente ai destinatari indicati. Nel caso in cui sia ricevuto
> da persona diversa dal destinatario sono proibite la diffusione, la
> distribuzione e la copia. Nel caso riceveste la presente per errore,
> Vi preghiamo di informarci e di distruggerlo e/o cancellarlo dal
> Vostro computer, senza utilizzare i dati contenuti.
>
>La presente comunicazione (comprensiva dei documenti allegati) non
> avrà valore di proposta contrattuale e/o accettazione di proposte
> provenienti dal destinatario, nè rinuncia o riconoscimento di
> diritti, debiti e/o crediti, nè sarà impegnativa, qualora non sia
> sottoscritto successivo accordo da chi può validamente obbligarci.
> Non deriverà alcuna responsabilità precontrattuale a ns. carico, se
> la presente non sia seguita da contratto sottoscritto dalle parti.
>-- The contents of the present communication is strictly confidential
> and reserved solely to the referred addressees. In the event was
> received by person different from the addressee, it is forbidden the
> diffusion, distribution and copy. In the event you have received it
> mistakenly we ask you to inform us and to destroy and/or to delete
> it by your computer, without using the data herein contained.
>
>The present message (eventual annexes inclusive) shall not be
> considered any contractual proposal and/or acceptance of offer
> coming from the addressee, nor waiver neither recognizance of
> rights, debts and/or credits, and it shall not be binding, when it
> is not executed a subsequent agreement by person who could lawfully
> represent us. No pre-contractual liability shall derive to us, when
> the present communication is not followed by any binding agreement
> between the parties.

message by Gene Heskett are: