Amanda-Users

Best wishes ...

2005-12-24 10:34:33
Subject: Best wishes ...
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 16:25:04 +0100

I hope I don't get flamed but otoh I don't expect this to happen as the AMANDA-lists are well known as polite and helpful ...

This is in no way a technical topic, not AMANDA-related, no ...

But I do want to wish all of you a merry christmas, yes.

This community in here is strong and helpful and there have also some off-list-friendships initiated here, so I think this won't violate the rules too much. I like the way of helping each other that is common in today's internet-communities and I think that christmas time is one of the best times to express that I like being part of this community.

Also 2006 is around the corner and I am looking forward to the new things happening: the AMANDA-project has gained new speed and I am sure that there will be many interesting stuff soon: discussions, development, features ...

Apart from that, I wish you all some peaceful and quiet days, most of us are working in IT and computers never get tired, so we are also expected to stay active 24/7/365 ... hopefully some of you take the chance to relax a bit these days (at least I hope that I manage to do that ...).

Sleeping well shouldn't be much of a problem, knowing that AMANDA takes care of the backups in the meantime :-)

All the best,

Stefan G. Weichinger.